For the past Christmas holiday, I tried a simple and classic recipe; fried chicken with bread crumbs – as always it was delicious ^_^!
Everyone loved it, the whole family stuffed themselves over Christmas dinner – so I figured i should share; hope y’all love it.
- 7 Pcs Chicken Legs
- 500gms Breadcrumbs
- 2 pcs Eggs – beaten in a plate
- 1 T dried herbs
- 1t Salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Boil the chicken legs until cooked inside; for about 45 minutes to an hour. Drain them in a colander.
- Take a medium frying pan and pour vegetable oil about 1/3 full. Heat it on a gas cooker (or if you’re living la vida Cookswell like me, an energy saving jiko ^_^).
- In a plate, pour your bread crumbs, salt and herbs and mix with a spoon. Clean a medium tray and set aside.
- Take one chicken leg at a time, dry it with a clean dry cloth or kitchen towel. Dip it in the beaten egg mix, then into the breadcrumbs mixture. Place the prepared chicken pieces on the clean dry tray.
- When your oil is ready, place two or three pieces of chicken into the pan one at a time with tongs – be careful not to burn yourself.
- Fry each side for at least 5 minutes or until golden brown; then turn and fry the other side until golden brown as well.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and place into a colander to drain excess oil or a tray lined with kitchen towels or serviettes to absorb excess oil.
- Serve the chicken with your meal ready to eat. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think of the dish when you try it out – Bon Appetit ^_^!