For the past Christmas holiday, I tried a simple and classic recipe; fried chicken with bread crumbs – as always it was delicious ^_^!
Everyone loved it, the whole family stuffed themselves over Christmas dinner – so I figured i should share; hope y’all love it.
Fried Chicken coated with breadcrumbs – Delish!
- 7 Pcs Chicken Legs
- 500gms Breadcrumbs
- 2 pcs Eggs – beaten in a plate
- 1 T dried herbs
- 1t Salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Boil the chicken legs until cooked inside; for about 45 minutes to an hour. Drain them in a colander.
- Take a medium frying pan and pour vegetable oil about 1/3 full. Heat it on a gas cooker (or if you’re living la vida Cookswell like me, an energy saving jiko ^_^).
- In a plate, pour your bread crumbs, salt and herbs and mix with a spoon. Clean a medium tray and set aside.
Coat the chicken in breadcrumbs
- Take one chicken leg at a time, dry it with a clean dry cloth or kitchen towel. Dip it in the beaten egg mix, then into the breadcrumbs mixture. Place the prepared chicken pieces on the clean dry tray.
Chicken ready to cook – while sipping on some Sangria ^_^
- When your oil is ready, place two or three pieces of chicken into the pan one at a time with tongs – be careful not to burn yourself.
Fry your chicken and then dig into it!
- Fry each side for at least 5 minutes or until golden brown; then turn and fry the other side until golden brown as well.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the pan and place into a colander to drain excess oil or a tray lined with kitchen towels or serviettes to absorb excess oil.
- Serve the chicken with your meal ready to eat. Enjoy!
Let me know what you think of the dish when you try it out – Bon Appetit ^_^!
When you’re an entrepreneur, sometimes the stress can get to you and it’s good to have an activity, interest or hobby that you like, it helps you relax while doing it. For me, it’s actually baking (surprise, I know ^_^) or cooking. So for those who love doing any of the above, I’ll be sharing recipes that you can try at home.
If you don’t like baking or cooking, you can also try any other activities, make sure you find out what that hobby is and do it, it helps any entrepreneurs stay sane ^_^.
Today I’ll be sharing a wonderful vegetable soup recipe I tried with my family and they loved it. I hope you do too ^_^!
Carrots (Med) – 3 pcs (Chopped into small pieces)
Onions (Med) – 2 pcs (Chopped into small pieces)
Tomatoes (Med) – 3 pcs (Cubed)
Dhania (Cilantro) – 4 bunches (Sliced)
Potatoes (Med) – 8 pcs (Cubed)
Veg. Or Chicken Stock – 8 Cups
Veg. Cooking oil – 3 Tablespoons
Salt – enough to taste
Cloves (Ground) – 1 Tablespoon
Curry Powder – 1 Tablespoon
1 loaf Home-made Bread
Margarine to spread
In a medium pot/sufuria, pour in the vegetable oil, the chopped onions and sauté them. Make sure they are clear or see-through.
Saute onions, then add carrots & potatoes
Add the carrots and mix with the onions, then add the potatoes. Sprinkle some salt to taste, as well as the curry powder and cloves and let simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add about a ½ cup of water to make sure the stew doesn’t stick or burn. Cook the vegetables until the potatoes are cooked.
Add the water and bring to a boil.
Add water to veggies and bring to a boil
Then scoop about 2/3 of the soup mix; liquid and vegetables, and pour it into a blender or food processor.
Puree 2/3 of the veggie soup then pour back into the pot
Puree for about 5-8 minutes until smooth. Then pour the blended mixture back into the pot and continue cooking.
Add the dhania into the soup and stir until well mixed. Add salt and spices to ensure a good taste and bring the soup to a boil.
Add dhania to the soup for a great taste & look
Remove from the pot into a serving dish ready to serve.
Slice the bread and spread margarine on each slice. Toast the bread slices until they are a nice golden brown. You can use a toaster, but my favorite is using a pan (like a chapati pan ^_^) or a smaller frying pan and toasting the bread on it.
Toast your home-baked bread with a bit of margarine or butter
Place the slices of bread on a plate, ready to be served.
Your delicious and healthy soup is ready to eat ^_^
Your meal is ready, serve and enjoy ^_^!
Feedback on your soup is very welcome and any other suggestions on additions to the recipe as well, thanks.